News & Events
Two sporting stars raising funds for Endurocad at this year’s Cape Town marathon
Former SA Marathon and Two Oceans Half Marathon Champion Nolene Conrad has joined hands with Former International Cricketer and now SA Cricket commentator, JP Duminy in an effort to raise funds for our Endurocad’s Young Females Empowerment Program. They will both be participating at the Cape Town Marathon this year, and hope to through their participation achieve their fundraising goal.
The Cape Town Marathon has confirmed that the mass event will take place this year. The marathon event will take place on the 17th of October and have capped entries at 12 000 participants.
Nolene has been coaching JP since February this year and will join him on the day to ensure he achieves his goal of a sub 4 hour marathon. “JP has been very disciplined and committed to his goal of running a marathon under 4 hours. His training has been going well, he has improved his times over the shorter distances and I believe he can do it.” -Nolene
Together they aim to raise R42 000 for the Endurocad Young Female Empowerment programme which aims to educate, empower and develop young females. The funds will afford 42 young females in disadvantaged communities an opportunity to attend the camps and be selected onto the program. “We are both so passionate about helping the young people in our communities. By joining hands and making it a collaborative effort , we can hopefully raise more funds in a short amount of time. ” Nolene
They are calling on our running community to support us in raising the much needed funds.
How you can help:
1. Make a donation of any amount. (there is no amount too small) Link to donate
2. Spread the word – share and encourage your buddies to donate to the cause.
3. You can also join them on the day- should you be able to keep up with a sub 4 hour marathon 🙂
To view the report of our Young Females empowerment camp , Click here Endurocad Camp Report- 5-6 June
About Nolene Conrad
- The Athletics Foundation Trust (AFT) launches the Stellenbosch Athletics Bursary programme with Endurocad
- Endurocad in partnership with Versus Socks
- Two sporting stars raising funds for Endurocad at this year’s Cape Town marathon
- Athletics Revitalised by Endurocad Track Series and New Club
- 8 men run under 14.00 minutes in the 5000m race
Elana Meyer, Olympic medallist, multiple record holder & world champion
SA CAN RUN
Sign up & change who you are with SA's distance running initiative!