Make your run meaningful by helping to empower 3 young women to achieve their dreams. The “Getting our Girls to Gold” Leadership and Development program will provide each athlete an opportunity to achieve holistic success by ensuring that they not only they receive a quality education but that they are empowered with skills to grow as athletes and individuals. Developing the athletes athletic ability is as important to us as developing their careers and raising their profiles. We do this by providing athletes with both athletic training and other life skills training to ensure they develop holistically.
Your support can change the lives of these three young women :
Thobile Vilakazi , an 18 year old Matric learner at Vorentoe High School has big dreams for her future. She aspires to studying teaching at a university and represent South Africa at the World Cross Country Championships in Denmark next year. Thobile comes from a impoverished background, where she is supported by only one parent. She lives at the boarding house at school and has not means to pay for her post school education should she be accepted.
Vuyiseka Ngumenga resides in Mfuleni, a poverty stricken area on the Cape Flats. She lives with her coach whom supports her with basic needs. She wants to create a better life for herself by obtaining a qualification and starting up her own business one day, where she can provide for herself.
Yandiswa Shange has been afforded an opportunity to pursue a 3 year sports management diploma at ETA College in Stellenbosch and join a professional group of athletes in Stellenbosch to take her sport to the next level. Yandiswa matriculated from Vorentoe high School last year and comes from a rural village called Bergville in KZN.
Getting our Girls to Gold development and leadership program” is one of the campaigns that Endurocad is undertaking. The “Getting our Girls to Gold” campaign will identify young female athletic talent through High Performances Skills and Assessment camps. The aim is to identify and select female athletes onto the Endurocad program with the long term objective of preparing each athlete for life after sport, whilst they try and achieve IAAF Gold Label Status
The “Getting our Girls to Gold” plan going forward:
- Ensure that each athlete receives an opportunity to quality education. We provide funding to assist athlete whom are unable to pay their tuition fees and facilitate access into colleges and universities.
- To host more 2 high Performance and Skills development camps. The chosen athletes will be empowered with the knowledge, skills, self confidence and mentorship to achieve their goals. The cost per athlete for each camp is R55 000.
- Opportunities to reside at Stellenbosch Academy of Sport- a High performance facility, where athletes will be exposed to a variety of services including a world class coach, mentorship, access to facilities and medical support.
- Have 2 training camps per year to provide skills sessions and mentorship.
- To assist identified athletes to compete abroad and to obtain experience.
To make this possible we need your help!
1. To get started, check that you have registered on the Endurocad page, then start setting up your individual fundraising page by clicking on the “Start fundraising” button (below Donate Now!) on this page.
2. Setup is quick and easy, and when done, simply share your fundraising page link with your network and invite them to donate!
3. Need a step-by-step guide to help you set up your page? Click here.
Got a question? Let us know at email@example.com